- LED Aquarium Lights, Lighting; How they work, DIY
- LED Aquarium Light Review; AquaRay, EcoTech, AI Vega & Hydra; More
- TMC AquaRay NUV 410nm LED Review
- What to Consider When Choosing Your Aquarium LED Lights
- Aquarium LED Light Installation Options, Ventilation; Bio Cube & Red Sea Retrofit
- TMC GroBeam 1000, & New 600/1500 Ultima Review
- T2 Subminiature Aquarium Lights; Review, Planted, Reef, Fish
- HELPFUL AQUARIUM/POND KEEPING ACRONYMS/ABBREVIATIONS
- AQUARIUM LIGHTING BASICS; Parameters, Lights Technology
- UV STERILIZATION; UVC Irradiation for Pond, Aquarium
- TMC Ocean Blue NP Ultima Reef LED Light
- TMC AquaBeam 2000 HD Ultima NP Review
- New TMC AquaBeam 600 Ultima Aquarium LED Light
- REDOX IN AQUARIUMS
- Aquarium Hydroponic Conversion- SHO Light: Lighting Requirements of a Tomato Plant
- KOI POX; HERPES VIRUS
- TMC AquaRay NUV 410nm LED Review
- IRIDOVIRUS IN GOURAMIS
- Photosynthesis and PAR; Planted & Reef Aquarium
An excellent in depth article, the best article to start with if seeking a LED for your aquarium. A MUST READ!
A good follow up article after reading the “LED Aquarium Lights, Lighting; How they work” article
A unique “niche” LED light with both reef-keeping and reptile keeping applications
Probably the next follow up article to read after “LED Aquarium Lights, Lighting; How they work”
An excellent quick reference some common abbreviations thrown about in the Aquarium and pond keeping hobby/industry. Some are ones used by me the author, some are popular among aquarium professionals I speak with, and few are ones used by hobbyists other than myself or friends.
An excellent introduction to aquarium lighting with great references
A brief but well resources article about UV Sterilizer use and why they should be used
A brief introduction to aquarium Redox balance, with up to date cited resources
I noticed that you have recently updated information on the Aquabar 500 saying that it had been taken off the aquarium LED market. Since I purchased two of these for my aquarium I am concerned as to why.
Unfortunately as per my contact in the industry, TMC sold this product to an unnamed third party who then as part of the deal requested sales of this product be ceased to all others.
My tank has been a nightmare since day one. Im possitive not a single person on earth had as many problems as I have expeirenced. After spending over 60k, I still can not get this marine (fish only) tank working properly. However the issue Im begging for your help with is new LED lighting. Can you please recommend the best option for a tank 8ft, by 36×36. I have a canopy and was thinking strip lights, but i have no idea. After reading your article I prefer to take a recommendation from someone obviously more knowledgeable as Im tired of throwing money out. Please help!
I do not normally answer questions on this article website.
Since this is a fish only aquarium, you do not need as much lighting, as few as  AquaRay Reef White Strips would work
Or for more light, [6-8] AquaBeam Ocean Blue np 1500 LEDs would work.
These are modular and can easily be added to as well.
For further help, I would suggest this forum that a friend & aquarium keeping guru is present on:
Thanks! Im extrmely grateful for your response however, I didnt want to become an expert or consumed with reading articles. Especially since the technology is forever evolving. I was hoping with your experience there was a brnad or two you would recommend. Like if it was your tank, what would you use.
I did give a couple of LED light suggestions, please check the link I gave you
I enjoyed this very valuable article thank you